Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mom, Grandma, Great-Grandma's Birthday

Today (11/27) is my Mom's 89th birthday. Danielle, Paul, Natalie, John, Abby, Jeff, and I helped her celebrate today. Mom has been a resident at St. Therese in New Hope for the last 3 and one half years. Early this summer she was transferred to the memory care unit. Understanding and communicating with Mom in her reality is sometimes challenging but she is my Mom and I love her for whoever she is today, tomorrow and yesterday. Happy Birthday, Mom!

Mom shares her birthday with Heather and Blair's wedding day. My Dad was deceased when they were married so a gift my Mom gave to Blair was a ring that they had gotten for my Dad commemorating their 50th wedding anniversary. When I see it on Blair's hand I often wish that he and Heather are able to someday celebrate 50 years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment